Telephone Reader Program (TRP) offers a variety of different publications and media for our members to access. This can be done on their computers through the website at www.telephonereadernews.org; with a touch-tone phone; or through our app “TRP News”. TRP seeks to give members more independence in their daily lives by offering recordings of material usually available only in print. Users can listen to national and local news, grocery and department store ads, magazine articles and more in both English and Spanish.
What’s Available in English?
- USA Today
- LA Times, OC Register and the Weather
- Grocery, discount, and department store ads
- Magazines including People, Money, Food & Wine, Oprah, Access World, The New Yorker, Consumer Report on Health, and Prevention
- Restaurant and Fast Food menus
- Braille Institute Announcements
- Library newsletters
- Old-time radio shows including “Burns and Allen,” “Abbot and Costello” and much more
- IAAIS Program Share: Military Times, Teen Magazines, Playboy Magazine
What’s Available in Spanish?
- La Opinion, Horoscopo y Pronostico del Tiempo, Revistas, Anuncios de los Super Mercados, y Programas de Radio de Antaῆo
For more information call us at 1(800) 808-2555 or (323) 660-3880, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PST).