The iBraille App is a free app created to bring braille and digital literacy together. Through the app, using an iPad and a refreshable braille display, students can practice and hone their braille literacy skills anywhere, anytime!
How It Works
The iBraille Challenge App is based on Braille Institute’s Braille Challenge, a national academic competition in which students in first through 12th grade are tested on fundamental braille literacy skills such as reading comprehension, spelling, speed and accuracy, and proofreading.
The App provides students with grade-appropriate practice tests and enables them to exercise their braille skills, receive immediate feedback, and monitor their progress over time.
How to Start
- Download the app from the iTunes store onto your iPad
- Connect to WiFi and pair your iPad with your refreshable braille display (watch video)
- Open the app and click on the sign-up button
- Set up your account using your email address to receive a 5-digit code
- Log in and start using the iBraille Challenge App