For our blind and low vision patrons in the community who have difficulty making it into our centers, we provide in-home services. We come to you, when necessary, to understand and to help you remove barriers to living a fulfilling life. By focusing on your specific goals, degree of sight loss, and home environment, our in-home consultants can help you address:
- Quality of life changes resulting from vision loss
- Kitchen confidence and safety
- Marking and labeling of household items
- Using adaptive and assistive technology
- Orientation and mobility, helping you get around your community
- Low vision services (selecting the right magnification device)
Caregivers and family members are a welcome part of this program. Many of our techniques are designed to help family and friends understand the continued capability of their loved ones. With simple solutions, people of all ages with vision loss can continue to live safely and independently in their homes and communities.
Contact the Braille Institute Center nearest you and ask about In-Home Services Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
You can also call us toll-free at 1-800-BRAILLE (272-4553) Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (PST).