INDEPENDENCE. WELLNESS. RESOURCES.Welcome! Thanks to the support of our generous donors and an active auxiliary, Braille Institute Rancho Mirage offers a broad range of daily living and arts & healthy living classes to people who are visually impaired in Riverside, San Bernardino and Imperial Counties.
To receive more information on any of the following services, please contact us today at (760) 321-1111 or complete our online request form.
DAILY LIVING SKILLS
Our Adult Programs feature lifestyle classes and activities to help adults with little to no vision build practical skills and gain or regain independence. We invite you to review our regularly updated class catalog to find classes that interest you.
Our Low Vision Rehabilitation Consultations provide free one-on-one consultations to individuals with reduced vision.
- Connection Pointe is our state-of-the-art technology center that offers free instruction on all of the latest mainstream and adaptive devices.
Library Services from Braille Institute include free access to more than 18,000 titles as well as free digital book machines and downloadable books through the Braille and Audio Reading Download program (BARD). We also offer book clubs and access to a Telephone Reader Program (TRP) where users can listen to a variety of publications in both English and Spanish.
- We invite you to celebrate life and explore personal interests by taking one of our many classes. Whether it's Tai Chi, yoga, cooking, or puzzles, our regularly updated class catalog has something for everyone.
- Our Child Development Program helps families of newborns adapt to raising a visually impaired child—birth through age 6—and prepare him or her for a bright future.
- From outdoor activities to internships, we create opportunities to help youth and teens who are blind or visually impaired gain life experiences that prepare them for the future.
BRINGING OUR SERVICES TO YOUWe understand that not everyone can get to our center in Rancho Mirage and we proudly offer ways to reach you and your community.
- Community Outreach Programs. Topics include: Understanding vision loss/orientation and mobility, staying connected through computers, independent living skills, and other services.
- Check the Braille Institute Rancho Mirage Events Calendar to find outreach events near you or click here to learn more about scheduling an outreach presentation for your organization.
- Mobile Solutions van visits: The Mobile Solutions Van represents Braille Institute Rancho Mirage outreach on wheels. Our bus will bring low vision service, library and other services to your area. Please call (760) 321-1111 to get information on a location near you, and to make an appointment.